Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Day One

I am a late adopter of new technology. So it should come as no surprise that I am only today starting a blog. Last summer a professor at UCLA, asked if he could post one of my e-mail missives on his blog and I gladly agreed. His post is here.

And this week a reporter for BusinessWeek Online asked me the same thing. Here's hers.

She suggested that I start my own blog and when I found out how easy it was, I decided to do one.

I don't really know what petercohan.com will be about. But there's a good chance it will deal with topics like technology, the economy, management, finance, and politics. Based on a suggestion from a Babson College colleague, I decided to give the blog a better name. Fortune's StreetLife columnist Andrew Serwer referred to me on May 20, 2005 as an "informed observer" in reporting on my analysis of how firms like Morgan Stanley and GM are cutting advertising to newspapers that report negative information about the companies. This gave me the idea for the current name of this blog.

I hope that I can continue to live up to the sobriquet -- "The Informed Observer" -- and that over time the blog transforms itself from a soliloquy to a dialogue. I invite your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home